Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Nicki Minaj's New Album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded A Disappointment


I am a huge fan of Nicki Minaj I love her, but I have to say I was disappointed about this album Nicki Minaj did. Nicki went from making really impressive music from her mix tapes to her first album, but in my opinion it is going downhill from when she created her second album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, from the cover to majority of the music in the album I'd have to say is her worst work. The cover looked very unprofessional, and most importantly the music on the album for those who've listened, knows majority of the album is some form of pop and it seemed like she had no real guidance or direction for this album it just looked like she just threw songs on to the album and I am pretty confident that she did not get opinions of the music before finalizing it for the album. I feel like Nicki Minaj needs to find herself and define herself as an artist; are you a pop star? Are you a rapper? I feel like don't define yourself as a rapper. If you are only going to add like 2 or 3 songs that are barely hip hop and have an album that are mainly pop. Do not define yourself as a rapper and just be a pop singer. I am a fan I know that she likes pop music but what angers me is that; I was expecting a balance between her mix tapes and first album with hip hop, R&B, and a LITTLE POP, but Nicki Minaj did a one 180. I am not saying every song on the albums is terrible, there were some decent songs. Even some decent pop songs but I felt like Nicki Minaj could have done better songs, and wish she did more hip hop but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment